What are responsive search ads?
QUICK SUMMARY If you’re new to the world of Google Search Campaigns but you’re ready to run one of your own, we can help get you started.
Google has a pay-per-click (PPC) ads platform that is amazing for any size business to use but don’t be fooled, it isn’t a piece of cake and can be mind boggling to figure out. There are many diverse types of PPC Ad campaigns you can use, and Google Search Campaigns are one of the most popular ones. If you’re new to the world of Google Search Campaigns but you’re ready to run one of your own, we can help get you started.
You won’t become a digital marketing genius at the end of this, but we guarantee that when it comes to Google Search Ads – you’ll have a lightbulb moment! You may even be able to run a profitable Google Ads campaign of your own. How do we know that it’s profitable? Well, the numbers don’t lie. A Google Economic Impact Report for Australia shows us all the benefits:
- 1.3 million businesses in Australia receive $39 billion in benefits (Google )
- Businesses enjoyed increased revenues and millions of connections with customers
- 60% of Google’s business benefits go to small and medium-sized enterprises (Australia’s Analysis & Policy Observatory)
- On average, advertises can make $2 for every $1 spent on Google’s platform
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get this show on the road.
What are Google Search Network Campaigns?
If you use the internet, you’ve definitely come across a search advert when you’re searching for something. Google Search Campaigns are a type of advert that businesses can use and they’re content will pop up in search listings when doing a normal Google Search. This is a good place to be anyone trying to find customers online because there are BILLIONS of searches going on every day. To put this concept simply, let’s use the example of selling garden tools, shall we? You can decide you show your ads on the results pages of every person who typed in “garden tools” into Google. Simple enough, right? Now, if you want your ad to be noticed first it needs to rank well, or in other words, show up as one of the first few results that get clicked on right away. To get to this sweet spot, you need to have advertising that is optimized and then there’s the ad bidding to consider too. This will influence how high your ad shows in the search results. This is how it goes:
- A potential customer heads to Google and types in a question or words relating to a service they need. Maybe it’s an emergency, and maybe not, but the plan is to find a provider to pay.
- Google will generate tons of businesses that can help. Your Google Search Ad will pop up and look something like this:
- The customer may click on the ad and end up on a landing page. Okay, let’s take a second to pause here, landing pages are different from pages, and you’ll need to get clued up on that too.
- If you’re website gives them solutions and solves their problem, they will follow through with paying for your service.
Why should I use search ads?
Search ads are the best way to capture online users with intent to pay for good hard work. They work well but Google Ads aren’t cheap and if you want the best return on your investment, you need to focus on searcher intent. Think about the customers in emergency situations, they go to Google because it is fast and fast is good for someone who needs help right away. Other ads like display ads, video ads etc. aren’t as direct as search ads. Search ads appear first, direct potential customers to the right page and create the best equation for growth for your business.
How to make search ads?
There are a few things you need to consider when developing a developing a Google Search Campaign plan.
Choose the right keywords
Keywords are one of the main parts of optimizing your PPC campaigns on Google. The keywords you choose can change so many things like how much your campaign is going to cost and even how successful you’ll become.
Make your growth goals a priority
We know that you have dreams and hopes to grow your business, that’s why we focus on offering local tradies digital growth solutions. You need to define those goals because Google offers several goal-oriented options including sales, leads, traffic, and brand awareness. Choose the best one for your search ad campaign and it will help you achieve whatever it is you’ve always wanted.
Create your Google Search Ad
Now that we have some of the ingredients, we can get started on creating the search ad. You need to create good copy (that’s a fancy word for text), put your keyword in the copy and use all the indicators on the platform that match your growth plans.